INHERITANCE TAX PLANNING
Avoid paying tax again on wealth you’ve accumulated and been taxed on already!
Tailored wealth succession planning enables a smooth transition to the next generation as well as minimising tax liabilities.
We can advise…
- Individuals whose estate planning is close to the nil rate band or many times larger
- Techniques to mitigate inheritance tax on family homes, family businesses and investment portfolios
- On both lifetime transfers and wills
However, estate planning is not solely about tax and we adopt a common sense approach, helping you to ensure your own financial needs are met and to avoid ‘giving away too much too soon’.
Are you a buy to let investor or property dealer or developer?
Property tax is a bit of maze and we can advise you on issues such as…
- Tax reduction strategies for rental income
- What is a repair and tax deductible and what is capital and not
- When to use a Limited Company to save tax
- Trading income versus Capital Gain considerations and advice
- Capital Gains rollover and holdover considerations
- Stamp duty planning
- VAT considerations of property deals
- Making the most of the Principal Private Residence election
- Tax issues on the sale of part of your residence
- Second homes
- Inheritance Tax angles
You are entitled to arrange your affairs to pay the absolute legal minimum amount of tax.
Whilst completion of tax returns and statutory tax obligations are important jobs, all accountants should be capable of completing them and advising you of your tax position and liabilities.
We try to do more than just this and are interested in maximising your tax planning opportunities.
We all have to pay our taxes but within the legal framework there are numerous ways of saving tax and making sure you do not pay a penny more than is absolutely necessary. We have extensive experience in this area of work and always fight as hard as we can for our clients.
We can help with tax planning in relation to…
- Personal taxes
- Business taxes
- Tax efficient employee remuneration strategies
- VAT planning
- Inheritance Tax strategies
- Capital Gains
- Profit extraction strategies
- Exit strategies
- Employment status
New clients are often surprised at how much can be done to help with their tax position. We are always willing to go that extra mile to offer advice on the areas where tax can be saved. We enjoy this work!
It is important that this work is done in advance and you should contact us as soon as possible.
All of our Tax Planning makes legitimate use of the Tax Legislation and Case Law, so that you are not put at additional risk from a full HMRC Enquiry, or where there are risks, these are pointed out to you.